We are recruiting an Environmental Technician to work within our growing Environmental team and meet the continued demand for our services.
The successful candidate will be working on projects in the wind energy, renewables, manufacturing, brownfield development and remediation and infrastructure sectors. A broad range of experience on similar types of projects in these sectors is desirable. The candidate will have experience in overseeing environmental controls on construction sites.
MKO carry a range of high quality monitoring equipment as part of our servicing offering for water, noise and wind monitoring and analysis. Experience in deploying, maintaining, and managing equipment such as water turbidity monitors and LiDAR is also desirable. The candidate will have the opportunity of working within the largest environmental and planning consultancy in Ireland, gaining knowledge and experience through interactions with colleagues within the environmental, ecology, ornithology, and planning teams in particular.
- Maintain the environmental monitoring equipment as part of the overall environmental service offering in water, noise and wind monitoring and analysis.
- Guide junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements.
- Take ownership of projects under the direction of senior team members from inception to completion and provide regular project updates to the Environmental Team seniors.
- Have a good knowledge of construction and project development and environmental responsibilities during the construction phase of projects.
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, environmental engineering, construction management, civil engineering or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete role.
- A minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience or a broad range of project experience at construction stage.
- Knowledge of civil engineering, construction management, ecology, hydrology/hydrogeology, noise, air, traffic, geotechnical and other EIAR subject areas.
Prospective candidates will be expected to have strong project management skills, great communication skills: written and verbal, and excellent IT skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and cover letter/email to email@example.com