MKO is seeking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety professional to deliver and build our Health & Safety Consultancy service offering and contribute to the effective management of MKO’s operational health & safety requirements.
The Health & Safety Consultant’s role will be responsible for:
- Providing Health & Safety consultancy services to MKO clients; including fulfilling the role of PSDP on large-scale construction and infrastructure projects
- Extending the breadth and reach of MKO Health & Safety Consultancy services
- Helping to mentor other members of the Health & Safety team in MKO to deliver health & safety Consultancy services to a range of clients across multiple sectors
- Building strong client relationships through the delivery of a high-quality service
- Contributing to all aspects of operational health & safety for MKO’s activities
- Promoting a safety culture throughout MKO
This is an exciting role that will allow the successful candidate to further develop their Health & Safety management skills and experience. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work across the mix of consultancy projects for clients, and occupational health and safety for MKO activities.
The ideal candidate will have a third level qualification in Safety and Health at Work, have completed a PSDP course, and have at least 3 years work experience in a health & safety role, with experience in:
- Fulfilling and coordinating the role of Project Supervisor for the Design Process (PSDP)
- Achieving ISO 45001 certification and maintenance of the standard
- Occupational Health and Safety Management for a workforce of >20 staff
- Maintaining company Health & Safety statistics for competitive project tendering processes
- Evaluating and approval of sub-contractor Risk Assessment and Method Statements
- Company Health & Safety reviews and audits
- Development and delivery of Health & Safety training plans
Other desirable qualifications include:
- IOSH Managing Safely Certification
- QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor
MKO appreciate the value of hybrid working arrangements. Our Health & Safety Consultant will be office based for 2-3 days per week and free to work from their location of choice for the remainder of the time.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and cover letter/email to email@example.com