MKO is seeking to recruit a Project Environmental Scientist to meet the continued strong demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on EIAR projects in the wind energy, renewables, waste-to-energy, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors, and a broad range of experience on similar type projects in these sectors is desirable. The candidate will have the opportunity of working within the largest environmental and planning consultancy in Ireland, gaining knowledge and experience through interactions with colleagues within the environmental team, ecology team, ornithology, and planning teams in particular.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Contribute to and oversee projects run by the company’s Environmental Team day-to-day
- Guide junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements
- Take ownership of projects from inception to completion and provide regular project updates to the Environmental Team seniors
- Preparing fee proposals and associated scope of work.
- Have a good knowledge of environmental, climate and sustainability issues
- Have a good knowledge of environmental law in particular the EIA Directive and Habitats Directive
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete role
- A minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role
- A good understanding of the Irish planning system
- Broad range of project experience at EIAR/Planning/Construction stage
- Knowledge of civil engineering, construction management, ecology, hydrology/hydrogeology, noise, air, traffic, geotechnical and other EIAR subject areas and the interrelationships between them
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and cover letter/email to email@example.com