MKO Estates & Project Management team are recruiting a Project Manager to meet the growing demands for our service offering. The Estates and Project Management (EPM) Team specialise in project management, pre-project advisory services, procurement advisory services and strategic estates management consultancy.
As a Project Manager the successful candidate will work on exciting projects of varying size and scale, working with a wide range of clients, both public and private, and sectors such as higher education, life sciences, commercial, leisure and residential.
The successful candidate will be involved in the management projects at all stages of their lifecycle, from identification of an opportunity through defining the project, planning and managing its execution, and ensuring satisfactory close-out on final completion. They will collaborate with an array of design and project delivery professionals to deliver great projects that enhance peoples’ lives, the environment and leave a legacy of which we are proud.
The role offers excellent opportunities for career development, promotion, and becoming the Estates & Project Management leader for one of the above service lines. Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements that value our team members’ well-being and work-life balance.
- Lead projects on behalf of our clients, and coordinate and control a range of project activities at various stages of the project life-cycle.
- Work alongside either the EPM Director or a Senior Project Manager for each project, gaining experience, and progressing towards the capability to take the lead in the management of projects.
- Involved in a number of concurrent projects at any one time; of different scales, in various sectors, and at different project stages.
Typical responsibilities would include:
- Assisting in the management of all stages of various projects
- Communicating effectively (verbal & written) with project stakeholders at all levels; client personnel, Design team, contractor / subcontractors, statutory bodies etc
- Managing and administering procurement processes for design teams and contractors
- Day to day coordination of project activity
- Performance and progress tracking relative to agreed project milestones/goals.
- Producing high quality and accurate written reports, and technical documents to include:
- Project Execution Plans
- Project Progress Reports
- Feasibility Assessments
The successful candidate will have, at a minimum, the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An ability to work as part of a team and take a leadership role in teams
- A degree in a construction related discipline: Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, or Construction Management
- At least 3 years post-graduation experience; ideally in construction-related professional services.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org