MKO is seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Planner to join its Planning team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on projects in the renewable energy and infrastructure sectors, and it is essential that prospective candidates have relevant and recent experience in these sectors. The position available will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of renewable energy projects utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest, and previous work experience.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Have a qualification in Town Planning (IPI or RTPI Accredited)
- Work as a leading member of the Planning team to deliver project requirements.
- Work on and lead large renewable energy planning projects from inception to completion.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the Irish planning system, and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation, both national and European.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Leading on the delivery of planning applications for renewable energy projects
- Overseeing and review of inputs on renewable energy planning projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members;
- Undertaking review of planning assessments, reports and project planning inputs;
- Acting as main point of contact with client representatives to progress projects effectively;
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in environmental and planning projects;
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines;
- Mentoring junior members of the team
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines. The salary for this role will be negotiable depending on level of experience
The successful candidates will have minimum 6 years post-graduate planning experience, ideally in a consultancy environment. Candidates must have a full driver’s licence.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and cover letter/email to email@example.com
All CVs are treated in the strictest confidence.