MKO are recruiting a Senior Project Manager to join our growing Estates & Project Management Team. The Estates and Project Management (EPM) Team specialise in project management, pre-project advisory services, procurement advisory services and strategic estates management consultancy.
As a Senior Project Manager, the successful candidate will lead exciting projects of varying size and scale, working with a wide range of clients, both public and private, in sectors such as higher education, life sciences, commercial, leisure and residential.
They will manage projects at all stages of their lifecycle; from identification of an opportunity through defining the project, planning and managing its execution, and ensuring satisfactory close-out on final completion. The ideal candidate will collaborate with an array of design and project delivery professionals to deliver great projects that enhance peoples’ lives, the environment and leave a legacy of which we are proud.
The role offers excellent opportunities for career development, promotion, and becoming the Estates & Project Management leader for one of the above service lines. Our people benefit from flexible work arrangements that value our team members’ well-being and work-life balance.
The Senior Project Manager will lead projects on behalf of our clients, and coordinate and control a range of project activities at various stages of the project life-cycle. They will typically lead a number of concurrent projects at any one time of different scales, in various sectors, and at different project stages.
Typical responsibilities would include:
- Control and management of all stages of various projects
- Communicating effectively (verbal and written) with project stakeholders at all levels; client personnel, Design team, contractor/subcontractors, statutory bodies etc
- Managing and administering procurement processes for Design Teams and contractors
- Day to day coordination of project activity
- Performance and progress tracking relative to agreed project milestones/goals
- Producing high quality and accurate written reports, and technical documents to include:
- Project Execution Plans
- Project Progress Reports
- Feasibility Assessments
- Supervising and mentoring less experienced staff, who may be assigned to assist the SPM.
The successful candidate will have, at a minimum, the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An ability to work as part of a team and take a leadership role in teams
- A degree in a construction related discipline: Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, or Construction Management
- At least 8 years post-graduation experience; with at least 3 years in construction-related professional services
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org