MKO is a specialist consultancy based in Galway, employing 100+ staff across the company’s Planning, Environmental, Ecology, Ornithology, Land Solutions and Estates and Project Management teams. We deliver challenging and complex projects on behalf of our clients and our range of nationwide expertise and multi-disciplinary service offering add real value to their projects. Full details of the company’s services are outlined on the company website, https://mkoireland.ie
The company is seeking to recruit a Graduate Planner to join its Planning team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on projects in the renewable energy and infrastructure sectors. The position available will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of renewable energy projects utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest and previous work experience.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Have a recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification
- Work as part of the Planning team to deliver project requirements.
- Work on small to medium renewable energy planning projects from inception to completion.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Irish planning system, and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation, both national and European.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Assist in preparation and submission of renewable energy projects.
- Assist in preparation and delivery of planning appeals and planning policy reviews.
- Assist in undertaking background research, desk studies, and field visits.
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines.
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines. The candidate must have a full driver’s licence.
The successful candidates will have 0 – 1 year’s post-graduate planning experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com on or before 5 p.m. 24th September 2021. All CVs are treated in the strictest confidence.