MKO is a specialist environmental and planning consultancy, based in Galway City. The company employs over 60 people and provides an extensive range of specialist services in the fields of planning, ecology, ornithology, EIAR’s and environmental management.
MKO is seeking to recruit a full-time, in-house IT Technician. This is a new position being created as our company is fast-growing and we have further plans to continue to expand in the future. The successful candidate will take over IT responsibilities currently assigned to various other staff members and will liaise with external IT service providers who will continue to support the company.
The successful candidate will relish the challenge and responsibility of managing an entire company’s IT needs.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Server active directory management and network admin
- Office 365 administrator of key services including Office applications, Skype, Exchange, and SharePoint
- Hardware purchasing, setup, maintenance and trouble-shooting
- Software deployment, installations, license management and trouble-shooting
- Managing the smooth operation of all IT equipment and services for office and field staff.
- Implement new and streamline existing IT practices, policies and guidelines.
- Respond as first point of contact for users’ IT issues and queries
- Asset management and administration of IT equipment.
- Manage network, data and user IT security, with external support
- Proactively safeguarding against viruses, malware and phishing attempts
- Deployment of and training in new IT applications, systems and services
- Management of cloud IT infrastructure and data migration, with external support
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an Office 365 environment or administrator role
- Experience of software break/fix for PCs, troubleshooting Microsoft OS issues, Office suite and other mainstream software
- Troubleshooting network connectivity problems on hardware devices
- Experience of training and coaching users how to use their IT hardware and software
The successful candidate will be adaptable, able to prioritise tasks using their own judgement and will relish the challenge of working in a busy office environment. He/She will also be able to balance short-term, high-priority tasks and longer-term, lower-priority projects.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com