MKO is a specialist environmental and planning consultancy, based in Galway City. The company employs people across its seven internal teams, which offer services in the fields of Ornithology, Ecology, Environmental, Planning, Estates & Project Management, Land Solutions and Research.
MKO is seeking to recruit a full-time, permanent Land Agent to join the company’s Land Solutions team. Reporting to the Land Solutions director, the successful candidate will be responsible for engaging and liaising with landowners to secure development agreements and land access rights.
MKO’s Land Solutions team provides a dedicated service for the acquisition of the land and land rights required by our clients for their development projects. The land rights are acquired on behalf of renewable energy, forestry, utility and commercial development clients, amongst others. MKO’s Land Solutions team members have a detailed knowledge of the sectors, industries and projects that they acquire land rights for on behalf of clients.
Working on a variety of projects across difference sectors, the successful candidate will above all be personable, trustworthy, adaptable and flexible to the requirements of the role. They will also be highly organised, and able to prioritise and manage the various demands on their time.
The role is based in the MKO offices in Galway, but will involve travel and work nationwide.
The vacancy may suit a candidate with an agricultural, forestry, property or sales background, looking for a new challenge and to further their career.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Engaging and liaising with landowners to secure land agreements for development projects
- Building and maintaining relationships with landowners and remaining available as a point of contact through the negotiation of agreements
- Progressing negotiations with landowners from initial introductions through to the signing of legal agreements
- Explaining often technical, legal and commercial matters in a clear, non-technical manner that landowners can relate to
- Documenting details of interactions with landowners, and reporting of those details to the Land Solutions team and project clients.
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate:
- more than 8 years professional work experience from an agriculture, forestry, property or project management background or related discipline
- an ability to proactively approach owners of land to discuss proposals and opportunities on behalf of our clients
- exceptional communication and conversational skills, including conflict resolution, risk management, and managing complex issues
- an ability to work independently, and within the Land Solutions team
- experience of managing and maintaining effective relationships with multiple key stakeholders
- an ability to collaborate with our clients, internal project managers and other professionals
- an ability to educate, share knowledge and generate interest in key concepts
- report writing skills
- access to their own vehicle – extensive travel will be required
- IT Skills – the successful applicant will be proficient in all MS Office applications
Desirable (but not essential) criteria include:
- an understanding of the planning and development process for large development projects
- knowledge of renewable energy projects
- ability to demonstrate Microsoft Excel and database management skills
- an understanding of property registration and various forms of legal agreements used to secure lands access and development rights.
- consultancy experience
An attractive salary will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with their experience and ability to fulfil the responsibilities associated with the role.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to anticipated high levels of interest, we kindly ask that no phone enquiries are made about the role. Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com