MKO is seeking to recruit a Landscape & Visual Assessment Professional to join the company’s Landscape team. The successful candidate will be conducting Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) for a broad range of large-scale infrastructure developments; including wind and solar energy projects, grid infrastructure, extraction industry and strategic housing developments.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Landscape & Visual Assessment chapter for Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIAR) for projects at a variety of scales;
- Landscape & Visual Assessment Reports to accompany planning applications for various types and scales of projects;
- Carrying out site visits, fieldwork and photography to inform LVIAs;
- Report writing and assisting with inputs for Landscape and Visual Assessment reports;
- Baseline constraints mapping, spatial analysis, and production of high-quality mapping outputs;
- Contribute to Landscape Character Assessments and early-stage feasibility studies;
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in Landscape Planning, Landscape Architecture, Geography, Environmental Science or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete the role;
- An understanding of the Irish planning system, local and national planning policy and environmental policy;
- Good working knowledge of GIS, CAD and creative design software. Knowledge of QGIS and the Adobe Suite is advantageous;
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills, with a high attention to detail;
- A confident and creative approach to the assessment process;
- A collaborative and flexible approach to the role with ambition to excel and grow within the company.
Remuneration for the role will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate. Applications are invited from candidates of all levels of experience that satisfy the key requirements of the role.
Currently, we are operating remote working for many of our office-based employees and this is expected to evolve into a blended working arrangement when restrictions enable this. What that blend might be will be dependent on discussions with the employee and we are open to that discussion.
MKO is a specialist environmental and planning consultancy, based in Galway City. The company employs over 100 people across its seven internal teams, which offer services in the fields of Ornithology, Ecology, Environmental, Planning, Estates & Project Management, Land Solutions and Research.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to firstname.lastname@example.org