MKO is a specialist consultancy based in Galway, employing 65+ staff across the company’s planning, environmental, ecology, ornithology, land solutions and estates and project management teams. We deliver challenging and complex projects on behalf of our clients and our range of nationwide expertise and multi-disciplinary service offering add real value to their projects. Full details of the company’s services are outlined on the company website, https://mkoireland.ie
The company is seeking to recruit a Planner to join its Planning team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on projects in the commercial development, residential, renewable energy and infrastructure sectors, and it is essential that prospective candidates have relevant and recent experience in these sectors. The position available will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest and previous work experience.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Work as part of the Planning team to deliver project requirements.
- Work on small to medium planning projects from inception to completion.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Irish planning system, and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation, both national and European.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Providing inputs on planning projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members;
- Undertaking background research, desk studies, field visits and preparing planning assessments, reports and project planning inputs;
- Liaising with client representatives to progress projects effectively;
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in environmental and planning projects;
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines;
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.
The successful candidates will have 2 – 3 years post-graduate planning experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to firstname.lastname@example.org