MKO is a specialist environmental and planning consultancy, based in Galway City. The company employs over 60 people and provides an extensive range of specialist services in the fields of planning, ecology, ornithology, EIAR’s and environmental management.
The company is seeking to recruit a Project Environmental Consultant to meet the continued strong demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on EIAR projects in the wind energy, renewables, waste-to-energy, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors, and a broad range of experience on large-scale projects in these sectors is a minimum requirement.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Complete site work including as Environmental Clerk of Works (ECoW) during the construction phases of projects
- Manage small and medium scale projects from inception to completion;
- Have a high level of project management and report writing skills, highlighting any specialist environmental expertise in their application;
- Have an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of environmental issues, fundamental to the preparation of high-quality, environmental impact statements and ensuring compliance with environmental conditions and mitigation measures.
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete role;
- A minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role
- An excellent understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Broad range of large-scale project experience at EIAR/Planning/Construction stage;
- Knowledge of civil engineering, construction management, ecology, hydrology/hydrogeology, noise, air, traffic, geotechnical and other EIAR subject areas and the interrelationships between them.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to firstname.lastname@example.org