McCarthy Keville O’Sullivan (MKO) is a specialist environmental and planning consultancy, based in Galway City. The company employs people across its seven internal teams, which offer services in the fields of Ornithology, Ecology, Environmental, Planning, Estates & Project Management, Land Solutions and Research.
The company is seeking to recruit a Project Environmental Consultant to meet the continued strong demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on EIAR projects in the wind energy, renewables, waste-to-energy, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors, and a broad range of experience on large-scale projects in these sectors is a minimum requirement.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Complete site work including as Environmental Clerk of Works (ECoW) during the construction phases of projects
- Manage small and medium scale projects from inception to completion;
- Have a high level of project management and report writing skills, highlighting any specialist environmental expertise in their application;
- Have an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of environmental issues, fundamental to the preparation of high-quality, environmental impact statements and ensuring compliance with environmental conditions and mitigation measures.
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete role;
- A minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role
- An excellent understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Broad range of large-scale project experience at EIAR/Planning/Construction stage;
- Knowledge of civil engineering, construction management, ecology, hydrology/hydrogeology, noise, air, traffic, geotechnical and other EIAR subject areas and the interrelationships between them.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to firstname.lastname@example.org