McCarthy Keville O’Sullivan (MKO) is seeking to recruit a Project Environmental Consultant to join our team in Galway City, Ireland. The successful candidate will be working on EIAR projects in the wind energy, renewables, waste-to-energy, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors. The key responsibilities will include site work, managing small and medium scale EIAR projects and specialist environmental knowledge. The key requirements include a 3rd level qualification in environmental science, environmental engineering or related fields. A minimum of 1 year post graduate experience in a similar consultancy role.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Complete site work including as Environmental Clerk of Works (ECoW) during the construction phases of projects
- Manage small and medium scale projects from inception to completion;
- Have a high level of project management and report writing skills, highlighting any specialist environmental expertise in their application;
- Have an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of environmental issues, fundamental to the preparation of high-quality, environmental impact statements and ensuring compliance with environmental conditions and mitigation measures.
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete role;
- A minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role
- An excellent understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Broad range of large-scale project experience at EIAR/Planning/Construction stage;
- Knowledge of civil engineering, construction management, ecology, hydrology/hydrogeology, noise, air, traffic, geotechnical and other EIAR subject areas and the interrelationships between them.
MKO is a specialist environmental and planning consultancy, based in Galway City. The company employs over 100 people across its seven internal teams, which offer services in the fields of Ornithology, Ecology, Environmental, Planning, Estates & Project Management, Land Solutions and Research.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com