MKO Estates & Project Management Ltd are recruiting a Project Manager (PM) within the Estates & Project Management (EPM) team, to meet the increasing demand for the company’s Project Management, Development / Pre-project Advisory Services, Procurement Advisory Services and Estates Management Advisory Services.
The appointed Project Manager will report to the EPM Director and will work with another Project Manager / Senior Project Manager in the delivery of Project Management services. The EPM team work together as a team; with a high level of coordination, cooperation, and collaboration in order to ensure consistency in the company’s approach and ethos, and seamless delivery from a client perspective.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
The Project Manager will be involved in a wide range of projects, from initial feasibility assessments to Project Management of the design and delivery of construction projects, across a variety of sectors, including commercial development, residential, education, and leisure. The PM will work alongside either the EPM Director or a Senior Project Manager for each project, gaining experience, and progressing towards the capability to take the lead in the management of projects.
The Project Manager will typically be involved in a number of concurrent projects at any one time: of different scales, in various sectors, and at different project stages. Typical project tasks & responsibilities would include:
- Assisting in the management of all stages of various projects.
- Communicating effectively (verbal & written) with project stakeholders at all levels; client personnel, Design team, contractor / subcontractors, statutory bodies etc.
- Managing and administering procurement processes for Design Teams and contractors: developing suitability assessment / tender documentation, assessing and scoring tender returns (as part of an assessment team), issuing post tender correspondence.
- Day to day coordination of project activity
- Performance and progress monitoring / tracking (both design progress and construction works progress) relative to agreed project milestones / goals.
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines
- Producing high quality and accurate written reports, and technical documents to include:
- Project Progress Reports
- Feasibility Assessments
The successful candidate will have, at a minimum, the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- An ability to work as part of a team and take a leadership role in teams
- A degree in a construction work related discipline: Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management.
- At least 3 years post-graduation experience; ideally in construction-related professional services, or alternatively in the management of construction works delivery.
This is an exciting role that will allow the successful candidate to further develop their Project Management skills and experience, and progress towards an exciting and rewarding career in Project Management.
MKO Estates & Project Management Ltd is a specialist Project Management subsidiary of McCarthy Keville O’Sullivan Ltd (MKO); which is a consultancy based in Galway city, employing 110+ staff across the company’s Planning, Environmental, Ecology, Ornithology, Land Solutions and Estates & Project Management teams. We deliver project management and related advisory services to a wide range of private and public sector clients; helping them to plan and deliver challenging and complex projects. Further details of MKO’s services are outlined on the company website, www.mkoireland.ie
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com