MKO is a specialist consultancy based in Galway, employing 90+ staff across the company’s planning, environmental, ecology, ornithology, land solutions and estates and project management teams. We deliver challenging and complex projects on behalf of our clients and our range of nationwide expertise and multi-disciplinary service offering add real value to their projects. Full details of the company’s services are outlined on the company website, https://mkoireland.ie
The company is seeking to recruit a Project Planner to join its Planning team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on projects in the commercial development, residential, renewable energy and infrastructure sectors, and it is essential that prospective candidates have relevant and recent experience in these sectors. The position available will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest and previous work experience.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Have a qualification in Town Planning (IPI or RTPI Accredited)
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working ideally in planning consultancy or similar.
- Have excellent report writing skills.
- Lead on medium to large scale planning projects from inception to completion.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
- Work as part of the Planning team to deliver project requirements.
- Commercial awareness.
Have excellent working knowledge of the Irish planning system, and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation, both national and European. Candidates with relevant UK experience will also be considered for the role.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Lead planner on planning projects of a medium and large scale
- Leading on providing inputs on planning projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members;
- Drafting and review of planning reports and documentation to a very high standard.
- Project manage projects including budget, stakeholders, outputs and design team members.
- Primary contact for client or client representatives to progress projects effectively;
- Mentoring of Junior members of staff.
- Undertaking background research, desk studies, field visits and preparing planning assessments, reports and project planning inputs;
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in planning projects;
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines;
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.
The successful candidates will have minimum 3 years post-graduate planning experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com