MKO is a specialist consultancy based in Galway, employing over 55 staff across its five internal teams, which offer services in the fields of Ornithology, Ecology, Environmental, Planning and Estates & Project Management. We deliver challenging and complex projects on behalf of our clients and our range of nationwide expertise and multi-disciplinary service offering add real value to their projects.
The company is seeking to recruit a Renewable Energy Planner to join its Planning team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s services particularly in the renewables sector. The successful candidate will be working on renewable energy projects and it is essential that prospective candidates have relevant and recent experience in this sector. The position available will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide variety of renewable energy projects e.g. onshore wind, ground mounted solar utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest and previous work experience.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Work as part of the Planning team to deliver project requirements.
- Manage medium to large scale renewable energy planning projects from inception to completion.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the Irish planning system, and the interaction of relevant planning and environmental legislation, both national and European.
- Have a working knowledge of associated environmental issues, such as AA, EIA, etc. fundamental to the preparation of high-quality planning inputs on large-scale renewable energy projects.
Have experience in review and assessment of existing planning permissions for renewable energy projects with the ability to compile detailed due diligence planning reports
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Project management of planning projects in the renewable energy sector from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members;
- Undertaking background research, desk studies, field visits and preparing planning assessments, reports and project planning inputs;
- Efficiently managing interactions with project team members and sub-consultants;
- Liaising with client representatives to progress projects effectively;
- Finding solutions to planning challenges on projects;
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in environmental and planning projects;
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines;
- Reporting (prepare and/or compile information for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for Project Directors i.e. job proposals issued, current projects, upcoming deadlines, etc.)
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.
The successful candidate will have a Masters (or equivalent) in Town Planning that is accredited by the Irish Planning Institute or Royal Town Planning Institute plus a minimum of three to five years post-graduate planning experience in the renewable energy sector, ideally in a consultancy or renewable energy developer environment.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com