MKO is seeking to recruit Seasonal Bat Ecologists to join the Ecology team. The successful candidates will be working on projects including the wind energy and road and built infrastructure sectors. Experience within these sectors will be an advantage to prospective candidates.
The positions available will offer the successful candidates the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest and previous work experience. Due to the nature of bat survey work, there will be a requirement to work outside normal office hours.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have a minimum of a third level honours degree or higher, in ecology, environmental science or another equivalent discipline.
- Work as part of a multi‐disciplinary team of staff members to deliver project requirements.
- Have a high level of overall ecological field skills, highlighting any specialist ecological expertise (either academic or interest) in their application.
- Have experience in the use of GIS, Kaleidoscope Pro, BatExplorer, Ecobat and Microsoft Office.
- Have a full driver’s licence.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Undertaking background research, desk studies and ecological fieldwork, to best-practice guidelines and methodologies;
- Compiling, organising and analysing large datasets;
- Ensuring the correct setup, maintenance, deployment and management of equipment;
MKO is a Galway‐based planning and environmental consultancy providing services to both the private and public sectors. The company provides an extensive range of specialist services in the fields of Planning, Ecology, Ornithology, Planning and Estates and Project Management.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com. A full driver’s licence is an essential requirement for carrying out survey work. As part of their application, candidates should also specify their particular abilities in the range of ecological field skills, including botanical, ornithological, vertebrate, invertebrate, aquatic and marine surveying.
The closing date for applications is 14th January 2022.