McCarthy Keville O’Sullivan (MKO) is a specialist environmental and planning consultancy, based in Galway City. The company employs people across its seven internal teams, which offer services in the fields of Ornithology, Ecology, Environmental, Planning, Estates & Project Management, Land Solutions and Research.
The company is seeking to recruit a Senior Environmental Consultant to meet the continued strong demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on EIAR projects in the wind energy, renewables, waste-to-energy, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors, and a broad range of experience on large-scale projects in these sectors is a minimum requirement.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Manage and oversee projects run by the company’s Environmental Team day-to-day, including fee agreements, invoicing, and delivering on client expectations;
- Oversee, guide and manage junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements;
- Take ownership of projects from inception to completion (including project profitability) and provide regular project updates to the Environmental Team director and clients;
- Report to Environmental Team director on project performance;
- Prioritise projects while balancing client expectations, available staff resources and project deadlines;
- Manage and implement business development initiatives for team;
- Win new work by preparing and overseeing the preparation of fee proposals, identifying opportunities in the marketplace and ensuring a steady work flow.
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete role;
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role;
- An excellent understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Broad range of large-scale project experience at EIAR/Planning/Construction stage;
- Comprehensive knowledge of civil engineering, construction management, ecology, hydrology/hydrogeology, noise, air, traffic, geotechnical and other EIAR subject areas and the interrelationships between them.