MKO is a specialist environmental and planning consultancy, based in Galway City. The company employs over 55 people and provides an extensive range of specialist services in the fields of planning, ecology, ornithology, EIAR’s and environmental management. Full details of the company’s services are outlined on the company website, www.mkoireland.ie
The company is seeking to recruit a Senior Environmental Consultant to meet the continued strong demand for the company’s services. The successful candidate will be working on EIAR projects in the wind energy, renewables, waste-to-energy, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors, and a broad range of experience on large-scale projects in these sectors is a minimum requirement.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Manage and oversee projects run by the company’s Environmental Team day-to-day, including fee agreements, invoicing, and delivering on client expectations;
- Oversee, guide and manage junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements;
- Take ownership of projects from inception to completion (including project profitability) and provide regular project updates to the Environmental Team director and clients;
- Report to Environmental Team director on project performance;
- Prioritise projects while balancing client expectations, available staff resources and project deadlines;
- Manage and implement business development initiatives for team;
- Win new work by preparing and overseeing the preparation of fee proposals, identifying opportunities in the marketplace and ensuring a steady work flow.
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete role;
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role;
- An excellent understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Broad range of large-scale project experience at EIAR/Planning/Construction stage;
- Comprehensive knowledge of civil engineering, construction management, ecology, hydrology/hydrogeology, noise, air, traffic, geotechnical and other EIAR subject areas and the interrelationships between them.