To meet the growing demand for our range of services, MKO Estates & Project Management wishes to recruit a Senior Project Manager.
Within MKO, the Estates and Project Management (EPM) Team specialise in:
| Project Management
Procurement Advisory Services
| Pre-project Advisory Services
Strategic Estates Management Consultancy
MKO is a fast growing and dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Galway city. In the last 4 years, MKO has grown from 50 to 130+ staff across its various teams and has firmly established itself as a widely respected consultancy business in Galway and across Ireland. At the heart of this growth is MKO’s refreshing and exciting can-do culture and a proven ability to nurture people, ideas, and opportunities.
As a Senior Project Manager (SPM), you will lead exciting projects of varying size and scale, offering endless variety; you will work with a wide a range of clients, both public and private, in sectors such as higher education, life sciences, commercial, leisure and residential.
You will manage projects at all stages of their lifecycle; from identification of an opportunity through defining the project, planning and managing its execution, and ensuring satisfactory close-out on final completion. You will collaborate with an array of design and project delivery professionals to deliver great projects that enhance peoples’ lives, the environment and leave a legacy of which we are proud.
The role offers excellent opportunities for career development, promotion, and becoming the Estates & Project Management leader for one of the above service lines. Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements that value our team members’ well-being and work-life balance.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
The SPM will lead projects on behalf of our clients, and coordinate and control a range of project activities at various stages of the project life-cycle. On projects with a high level of complexity, the SPM will work as part of a Project Management team, alongside either the EPM Director or another Senior Project Manager.
The SPM will typically lead a number of concurrent projects at any one time; of different scales, in various sectors, and at different project stages.
Typical responsibilities would include:
- Control and management of all stages of various projects.
- Communicating effectively (verbal & written) with project stakeholders at all levels; client personnel, Design team, contractor / subcontractors, statutory bodies etc.
- Managing and administering procurement processes for Design Teams and contractors.
- Day to day coordination of project activity.
- Performance and progress tracking relative to agreed project milestones / goals.
- Producing high quality and accurate written reports, and technical documents to include:
- Project Execution Plans
- Project Progress Reports
- Feasibility Assessments
- Supervising and mentoring less experienced staff, who may be assigned to assist the SPM.
The successful candidate will have, at a minimum, the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work as part of a team and take a leadership role in teams.
- A degree in a construction related discipline: Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, or Construction Management.
- At least 8 years post-graduation experience; with at least 3 years in construction-related professional services.
Further details of MKO’s services are outlined on the company website, www.mkoireland.ie.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com