We are hiring Ecologists to join our growing Ecology team and meet the increasing demand for the company’s services. The successful candidates will be working on projects in the wind energy, drainage, road and built infrastructure sectors. The positions available will offer the successful candidates the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects utilising the various skills they may have acquired through formal training, personal interest and previous work experience.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Work as part of the Ecology team to deliver project requirements.
- Manage medium to large-scale projects from inception to completion.
- Have excellent ecological field skills, highlighting any specialist ecological expertise (either academic or interest) in their application.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of environmental issues fundamental to preparing high-quality ecological impact assessments.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Preparing, compiling and project managing ecological assessments, including Ecological Impact Assessments, Habitats Directive Assessments and EIA Biodiversity chapters.
- Undertaking desk studies, ecological fieldwork and impact assessment reporting, to best-practice guidelines and methodologies.
- Preparing scope of work and fee proposal documents for new projects.
- Efficiently managing interactions with clients, project team members and sub-consultants.
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders.
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines.
Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, and be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines.
The successful candidates will have a minimum of 2-3 years post-graduate ecological experience, ideally in a consultancy environment. Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up-to-date curriculum vitae and cover letter/email to email@example.com